Black woman, Celebs, clothes, fashion, girlfriends, girls, life, show, TV
This summer…get SINGLE!12:53 AM
Single Ladies is finally back on TV (internet!)
OMG! I have waited for what has felt like an ETERNITY for my favourite show to get back on the net.
For the ladies (and gents) out there who don’t know what “Single Ladies” is about…it’s just like “Sex & The City” but with a lil’ ”black” twist to it.
The series is created by Stacey A. Littlejohn and produced by the one and only Queen Latifah .
The story is about 3 fabulous woman living & circling around in uptown Atlanta, Georgia.
The main characters are played by LisaRey McCoy, Charity Shea & Denise Vasi
(replacement for Stacey Dash…who has been killed off by an email…
what’s next? Death by Instagram?)
Anyways to give you a lil’ bit more info about the characters:
- Denise Vasi as Raquel Lancaster (Season 2–) - a friend of Keisha's and April's.
- LisaRaye McCoy as Keisha Greene - A former hip-hop music video model turned semi-professional poker player who relies on her head instead of her heart when it comes to relationship decision-making.
- Charity Shea as April Goldberg (formerly Jenkins) - April has been married for seven years to Darryl, and hopes to pursue her career dream by moving from assistant to the record label's owner to an A&R executive. As she begins to spread her wings, she realizes that marriage may not be her ideal situation. On April's birthday, Darryl served her with divorce papers.
- D. B. Woodside as Malcolm Franks - He turned his father's jewelery store into a successful international business. According to the VH1 blog, "He loves the ladies, and the ladies love him."
- Travis Winfrey as Omar Kearse (Season 2-, recurring Season 1) - an employee at the boutique and an outspoken friend to the women.
- Stacey Dash as Valerie "Val" Stokes (Season 1) - An aspiring fashion mogul who purchased a fashion boutique in "one of the hottest areas of Atlanta," the VH1 website says, "Ultimately, she's a "good girl" looking for a good man." Val has relocated to Milan and sold her boutique over to Raquel.
- Kassandra Clementi as Christina Carter (Season 1) - A fashion intern with a free spirit and "an eye for fashion". She is a party girl and wild child. After failing her classes, she had been deported back home.
With all kinds of celebrities passing by, you know you're in for a treat!
Season 1 was breath taking, and over the top. (Go watch it if you don’t believe me!)
I had a few heart attacks and strokes at the season finale and wanted to jump off a cliff because it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CRAZY!!!!!!!
So now, there’s a new girl in town who replaced Stacey Dash’s character… I won’t say too much, because this season has just begun…but to be honest…I’m not really impressed with her acting and the way they have changed the plot of the story (no pun intended!)
. BUT I’M STILL WATCHING TO DROOL OVER THE FASHION and
INSPIRE myself with the FANTABULOUS styling.
If you haven’t seen the first episode yet, watch the trailer first!
I’m curious to know what's going to happen the rest of the season!!!
Quote of the night: OMG….ALL THOSE MEN! *fans herself!*